Find a Part Now

BMW Brilliance

BMW Brilliance (officially BMW Brilliance Automotive Ltd.) is an automobile manufacturing company headquartered in Shenyang, China and a joint venture between BMW (as majority holder) and Brilliance Auto. Its principal activity is the production, distribution and sale of BMW passenger cars in mainland China.

The BMW Brilliance Zinoro all-electric crossover, based on the BMW X1 (E84), is the first product of BMW Brilliance's new brand and the first new energy vehicle (NEV) from a Chinese premium manufacturer. Since early 2014 the Zinoro 1E is available for leasing only in Beijing and Shanghai.

History

On 27 March 2003 BMW and Brilliance Auto agreed to form a joint venture to produce BMW cars for the Chinese market, with BMW holding a 50 per cent stake, Brilliance Auto 40.5 per cent and the Shenyang municipal government 9.5 per cent. BMW and Brilliance agreed to invest an initial €450 million (US$483 million) in the venture. The first Chinese-made BMW, a BMW 325, was sold in October 2003.

In April 2009 BMW Brilliance announced that it would construct a second automobile assembly plant in China. Construction of the plant began in Shenyang in June 2010, with a planned cost of US$73.53 million and a production capacity of 100,000 units. Production at the plant began in May 2012.

In January 2011 BMW Brilliance announced that it would begin Chinese production of a BMW 5 series electric hybrid car later that year.

In 2013, BMW Brilliance opened a research and development centre. It was expanded in 2020, making it BMW's largest R&D centre outside of Germany.

In October 2018, BMW announced that it would increase its stake from 50% to 75%, making BMW the first foreign carmaker to take majority control of its joint venture in China.

In February 2022, BMW acquired a majority 75% stake in BMW Brilliance with Brilliance indirectly owning the remaining 25% of the company.

Products

BMW Brilliance currently produces the following vehicles:

  • BMW 1 Series (F52) (1.5 litre and 2.0 litre)
  • BMW 3 Series (G20/21) (1.6 litre, 2.0 litre and 3.0 litre)
  • BMW 5 Series (G68) (2.0 litre, 3.0 litre and Hybrid version)
  • BMW X1 (U12)
  • BMW X2 (F39)
  • BMW X3 (G08) (2.0 litre and iX3)
  • BMW X5 (G15)

Former products

  • BMW X1 (F49) (1.5 litre, 2.0 litre and Hybrid version)(2015–2022)
  • BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (F45) (1.5 litre and 2.0 litre)(2014–2021)
  • BMW 3 Series (E46) (2.0 litre and 2.5 litre) (2004)
  • BMW 3 Series (E90) (2.0 litre and 2.5 litre) (2005-2012)
  • BMW 3 Series (F30/35) (1.6 litre 2.0 litre and 3.0 litre) (2013-2019)
  • BMW 5 Series (E60) (2.2 litre to 3.0 litre) (2004-2010)
  • BMW 5 Series (F18) (2.0 litre and 3.0 litre) (2011-2017)

Gallery

Zinoro vehicles

Zinoro is a vehicle brand under BMW Brilliance specializing in electric vehicles.

  • Zinoro 1E
  • Zinoro 60H

Sales

References

External links

  • BMW Brilliance page: English, Chinese

WHAT ETS OFFERS?

We are a leading provider of Engines and Transmissions. We have provided customers with an unbeatable Price,
Unmatched Quality and excellent Customer Service for 20 years.

FACTORY WARRANTIES

We use only top quality re-manufacturers to supply our clients with professionally re-manufactured Transmissions. All of our transmissions have factory backed warranties.

CERTIFIED AND TESTED

All of our engines and transmissions are rigorously tested and inspected prior to shipping. This allows us to warranty your engine to keep your vehicle on the road for years to come.

ACCESS TO RESELLERS

We provide access to Salvage yards and auto part retailers for automotive engine and transmissions .

Looking For a Specialist
Please Contact Now
1800-385-3915

Looking For a Specialist
Please Contact Now
1800-385-3915

Call us! Get a Price
003
018
114
116
117
132
303
320
321
326
327
328
335
340
501
503
507
600
700
801
802
803
C1
E23
E30
E9
F20
F25
F30
F48
GS
GT
HP4
IV
K1
K75
M
M1
M10
M2
M3
M30
M4
M5
M8
M88
R12
R18
R2
R27
R32
R45
R65
R68
R75
V
VI
VII
X
X1
X2
X3
X4
X5
X6
X7
Z
Z1
Z3
Z8
i
i3
i4
i7
i8
iX
iX1
iX3

PAY SECURELY WITH

Authorize.Net Merchant Visa Logo MasterCard Logo American Express Logo Discover Card Logo
1800-385-3915